Tuesday, March 7, 2023

Did I say this already

Are you a fable, or a myth, an ancient monolith?

Forgotten on the bottom of some troubled little stream?

Do I remember you from different times, or has something older got behind me and slipped around it with no sound?

Cuz I’d follow you down

If you’d follow me down

I’d stop throwin all that sound if you’d simply come around 

But if you’d follow me to hell then I’d be better in between although the soot chokes out the daylight when they burn the whole place clean

Please forgive me I know it’s a bitter way to say goodbye. 

Go dry your eyes.



I can see the light is leaving now, even vacant in your eyes

Can you tell the difference clearer there between the sunset and sunrise?

Here the hills are mist and color, but they’re losing all their leaves to the ground.

And I’d stop coming around 

If you stop coming around

I’d be toiling underground if you were up above the clouds 

And if you’d follow me to heaven then I’d meet you in between although the daylights not so dirty there as the streets surrounding me.

Please forgive me

I know there’s better ways to say goodbye

You can close your eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment